Basics of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
The world of SEO is complicated and there are various variables which contribute to your own site appearing on the very first page of search results. The truth is, Google considers over 200 SEO consultant variables when ranking sites in its search results! The initial step is to undertake the basics – Onpage Optimisation.
Onpage optimisation done correctly and is just one of the very first steps of SEO, will help your site rank well in search engine results. Google loves fresh content that is very good news if your site has a content management systems (CMS). With total control of your website content with a CMS, you’ll be able to manipulate webpages to improve the website positioning of your website’s. Only, use your web site CMS to implement these techniques:
1) Meta Title Tag
The meta title tag is appears at the top of the web browser and search result listings. The name tag of a webpage needs to be a concise and exact description of the webpage.
• The meta title tag must comprise 50 -70 characters including spaces
• Set main keyword inside the meta name tag
• The content of the meta title tag must be unique for every web page
2) Meta Description Label
The meta description tag is a snippet of a webpage usually shown on search result listings. The meta description offers a great possibility to incorporate key words and make a description that is powerful to support the consumer to click through to your site.
• The meta description tag must include 150 – 160 characters including spaces
• Place chief key word within the meta description tag
The H1 should be contained on all webpages and include your primary keyword.
• Set primary keyword within the H1
• Your H1 mustn’t be identical to the meta name tag
• Create a unique and relevant H1 tag for every web page
Search engines are drawn to unique content providing you with the user with tips that was invaluable. Prevent duplicate content and don’t copy and paste content from another webpage.
• Comprise your main keyword within the primary paragraph of content
• Never compromise on grammar if an endeavor to add keywords
5) Image Alt Tag
Search engines cannot read images therefore it is important to explain the picture or graphic in text format inside the image alt tag.
• Insert chief keyword in the image alt tag
• Make sure you makes sense to the web site visitor and image alt tag is related to the picture
The slug is the end part of a URL which identifies a page using human -readable key words.
• Use your main keyword by means of your URL
7) Anchor Text
Anchor text is the keywords in your content that link to external or internal webpages.
• 30% of anchor text should be key words
Purchasing SEO is more important now than ever before along with your company needs to really have a SEO strategy in place to achieve success online.